Scrambled eggs…with a twist.
Remember the fat that we kept from the roast duck in my previous post? Well yes. I used that instead of oil or butter. Which also helps not burn the scrambled eggs, because it starts boiling at a much lower temperature.
The taste is quite incredible! It gives the scrambled eggs a whole other dimension 🙂
- Don’t mix the eggs beforehand
- Crack them directly over the bubbling fat (if it’s oil, be careful not to overheat it)
- Mix the eggs on the pan, adding salt and pepper as you go
- Remove from the fire before they’re completely cooked (i.e. still a bit runny) because they’ll continue to cook for a while after they’re off the heat – overcooked scrambles eggs are not amazing
- Add any herbs you want. Sometimes I put rosemary, sometimes thyme and sometimes even basil…experiment!